Utility Locator® is always seeking qualified technicians at all levels of experience. Think you have what it takes? Submit your interest now and we’ll contact you within 24 hours.
Utility Locator® is committed to equality of employment opportunity. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, identity and expression, disability or veteran status.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work in a safe and professional manner.
Horizontally designate underground utilities with the use of electromagnetic, radio frequency, magnetic and ground penetrating radar equipment.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and clients to determine scope of work, project limits, limitations and additional options for problem solving difficult locates.
- Document work concisely and accurately using standards and agreed upon methods
- Basic Mathematical Skills
- Valid Driver’s License & Clean Driving Record (minor exceptions are possible)
- Safe & Reliable Transportation
- Ability to pass Company & Client Background Checks
- Ability to pass Company & Client Drug Screenings
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Able to work outdoors in all climates
- Able to work as early as 5:00 AM and as late as 7:00 PM (occasionally)
- Knowledge and understanding of complex utility systems; electric, gas, water, communication, sewer, steam, etc…
- Knowledge and understanding of electromagnetic theory, utility designation best practices and ground penetrating radar application.
- Ability to work independently without instruction or supervision.
- Advanced visual observation skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Able to read and understand “as-builts” or plan sets.
- Desire for continued education and development.
Benefits & SALARY
- $18.00 – $26.00 (Depending on Experience)
- Company Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 15 Annual PTO Days
- 8 Paid Holidays